Thursday 23 May 2013

(The Great British) Sewing Bee good for you!

Well, I'm a true believer of being in the right place at the right time and it sure is true!

I've offered to help out at Totton College's Textile class as a volunteer and from there have now agreed to set up a basic Introduction to Sewing class in October!  Then this evening May Martin from The Great British Sewing Bee popped along to visit the class and she's kindly given me her email address should I need to pick her brains. What a lovely lady! Really happy to first and foremost be a teacher and help her students, and clearly people she's just met. She told up all about what it was like filming The Great British Sewing Bee and working with Patrick and Claudia Winkleman and her story about how she got picked to be one of the judges.  She took time out to pose for photos and gave autographs for a donation of £2 towards a charity close to her heart, the Alzheimer's Society.  All in all a really useful meeting and I hope she doesn't mind when I take her up on the offer of picking her brains about sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment